Tuesday, July 29, 2008

2008 Olympics
























Riley celebrated her birthday with an Olympic themes party, so I had to wrack my brain to come up with something impressive! Not a whole lot of Olympic cakes out there to inspire me! The idea for the sugar flames came last minute as I knew I did not have enough time to make them from sugarpaste and rice krispie treats were just not inspiring me. Total DUH moment when I realized that the obvious answer was sugar!

I wish I had taken a picture of the inside of the cake as it was all rainbow colors - I'm sure the girls were surprised when they cut into the cake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome looking cake!! I'm wondering how you did the shape of the torch out of cake...how many layers did you use. The flame is awesome...not sure how you secured it to the cake to keep it from falling. Would love to know how you did it!!